District Pinewood Championship
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. CONTACT JIM HASSELMAN (email@example.com) IN ORDER TO DO A LATE REGISTRATION.
ATTENTION: BECAUSE OF DOUBLEKNOT LIMITATIONS, TO BE CHARGED ONLY THE $15 PER PACK, PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE LEADER'S NAME AS THE REGISTERED PARTICIPANT!!! YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR THE NAMES OF YOUR THREE CUBS PARTICIPATING ON A LATER PAGE.
When: Saturday April 25th 2015
Where: Cultural Hall at the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints
Weigh in begins at 8:30AM. Scouts are requested to be in uniform. Top three finishers will be asked to sign a press release form and will have their names and photographs submitted to the local press.
Please be sure you closely read the inspection points listed below!
ALL CARS MUST PASS INSPECTION TO QUALIFY FOR THE RACE
Following are the inspection points
- The car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The official race scale shall be considered final.
- The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
- The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
- The car must have 1 ¾” clearance between the wheels.
- The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
- The wheel base of the car and the axle locations may not be altered from the ones provided with the kit.
- The wood provided in the kit must be used. The block may be shaped any way that is desired.
- The wheels must be like those supplied with the kit. They may be replaced with the colored ones sold at the Scout shop which are identical to >Wheel bearings, washers or bushings are prohibited.
- The car must not ride on any type of springs.
- The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used.
- The car must have been newly built this year and not be from a previous year.
Packs are requested to register a maximum of three boys and to cover the $15 for the Pack entrance fee. All questions should be directed to Jim Hasselman at firstname.lastname@example.org