Constellation District Cub Scout Swimming Day
EVENT REGISTRATION CLOSED
SORRY, MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS REACHED!
(We will be running it again next year at the same time of year.)
When: March 15, 2015
Where: At Valley Forge Military Academy, 1024 Eagle Rd, Wayne
(Rucker Hall indoor pool, link to campus map)
This is a DEN or PACK activity only. No individuals accepted. A minimum of two leaders from each participating unit must be present at the event.
Cub Scouts are invited to attend our one day program to earn:
- Cub Scout Swimming Belt Loop can be earned by any Cub Scout
- Cub Scout Swimming Pin can be earned by any Cub Scout
- Webelos Aquanaut Activity can be earned by ONLY Webelos Scouts
Specifically, we intend to cover the requirements listed below:
For the Cub Scout Swimming Belt Loop:
- We will discuss the rules of Safe Swim Defense as a group.
- We will play a game while in the water.
- Using a kick board to demonstrate a flutter kireathing method used for the crawl stroke.
- Learn the Elementary Backstroke and the Breastroke.
- Learn the Jellyfish and Canoe (prone) floating methods.
- Discuss swimming safely in a Pool, Lake, River, & Ocean and discuss what training a lifeguard needs for their job.
- Discuss the four rescue techniques. (Reach, Throw, Row & Go with support)
For the Webelos Activity Pin:
- Jump into the water over your head, swim 100 feet, with at least 50 feet using the elementary backstroke.
- Float on you back, your front and demonstrate survival floating.
- Put on a PFD, jump in water over your head, swim 25 feet.
- Do a front surface dive and swim four strokes under water.
- Earn the Cub Scout Sports Belt Loop.
- Pass the BSA Swimmer Test which involves:
- Jump into water over your head.
- Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following: crawl, sidestroke or breaststroke.
- Swim 25 yards using the elementary backstroke.
Cost: $2 per participant
ALL Participants are required to submit BSA permission form:
Click here for permission form
Parking & Venue Details: Enter through Gate E-2 off Eagle Road and park in the Parade Field lot. Take walkway between Price Hall and the Regimental Mess Hall, enter through the side door of the gym to your left, and follow the signs to the changing room & pool.