Constellation District Cub Scout Swimming Day
When: March 15, 2015
Where: At Valley Forge Military Academy, 1024 Eagle Rd, Wayne
(Rucker Hall indoor pool, link to campus map)
This is a DEN or PACK activity only. No individuals accepted. A minimum of two leaders from each participating unit must be present at the event.
Cub Scouts are invited to attend our one day program to earn:
- Cub Scout Swimming Belt Loop can be earned by any Cub Scout
- Cub Scout Swimming Pin can be earned by any Cub Scout
- Webelos Aquanaut Activity can be earned by ONLY Webelos Scouts
Specifically, we intend to cover the requirements listed below:
For the Cub Scout Swimming Belt Loop:
- We will discuss the rules of Safe Swim Defense as a group.
- We will play a game while in the water.
- Using a kick board to demonstrate a flutter kireathing method used for the crawl stroke.
- Learn the Elementary Backstroke and the Breastroke.
- Learn the Jellyfish and Canoe (prone) floating methods.
- Discuss swimming safely in a Pool, Lake, River, & Ocean and discuss what training a lifeguard needs for their job.
- Discuss the four rescue techniques. (Reach, Throw, Row & Go with support)
For the Webelos Activity Pin:
- Jump into the water over your head, swim 100 feet, with at least 50 feet using the elementary backstroke.
- Float on you back, your front and demonstrate survival floating.
- Put on a PFD, jump in water over your head, swim 25 feet.
- Do a front surface dive and swim four strokes under water.
- Earn the Cub Scout Sports Belt Loop.
- Pass the BSA Swimmer Test which involves:
- Jump into water over your head.
- Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following: crawl, sidestroke or breaststroke.
- Swim 25 yards using the elementary backstroke.
Cost: $2 per participant
ALL Participants are required to submit BSA permission form:
Click here for permission form