What is Friends of Scouting?
Friends of Scouting (FOS) is the annual campaign where the Cradle of Liberty Council asks Scouting families, businesses and civic-minded individuals to support our mission of providing the Scouting program to thousands of youth in Philadelphia, Montgomery and Delaware counties.
Why should I give to Friends of Scouting?
Friends of Scouting provides roughly one-quarter of the money needed to operate the Cradle of Liberty Council's Scouting camps, programs and facilities for a calendar year. These camping and training facilities are the "outdoor classrooms" in which Scouts have fun, learn leadership skills and develop into better young men and women. The Cradle of Liberty Council spends approximately $250 per Scout each year to deliver these benefits and much more.
I already paid my child's registration and his unit collects annual dues. Haven't I already supported Scouting?
Your child's registration fee goes directly to the National Office of the Boy Scouts of America. If your child's Scout unit collects dues, that money stays with the unit to help pay for trips and other activities. None of that money helps the Cradle of Liberty Council pay for:
- Maintaining and staffing the council's service center and camps.
- Training thousands of adult volunteer leaders in youth protection.
- Organizing activities and events.
- Forming new Scouting units and supporting existing ones.
- Printing informational and training materials and updating this website to try and better inform you about upcoming Scouting events and programs.
Thank you for your support!
Please note that the minimum online donation is $10.
Your gift to the Cradle of Liberty Council, Boy Scouts of America is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
If you are looking to donate in memory or honor of someone, please click here.