PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TWO DAY COLLEGE, PARTICIPANTS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND BOTH DAYS, ATTENDING THE SAME COURSES ON BOTH SESSIONS.
Cradle of Liberty will hold its first Council Wide Merit Badge College on Saturdays February 22 and March 15, 2014 at the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades on RT 352 near the Granite Run Mall.
A scout will be able to earn up to four Merit Badges by:
completing pre requisites in advance of the first session,
completing additional requirements between the two sessions,
and of course by attending and participating in the two Saturday class events.
Forty two badges are being offered including seven Eagle Required Badges, many STEM badges, and other seldom offered badges. There will be a limit of 280 scouts in the first year and 20 Scouts per Merit Badge Class. Registration will open on December 1, 2014. Register as soon as possible to ensure that you have the widest variety of class options.
The cost is ten dollars per scout and you will need to bring a bag lunch.
Click here to see the schedule of Merit Badge Courses.
Last updated 2/6/14.
Note Changes due class demand:
11:30AM Geocaching has been replaced with Game Design
11:30AM American Heritage has been replaced with Emergency Preparedness
12:50PM Scholarship has been replaced with Citizenship in the Nation
11:30AM Orienteering has been replaced with Sustainability
11:30AM Energy will not be offered due to no registrations
Click here to see a list of pre-requisites. (NOTE: List last updated 1/28/14)
Click here to see a map of Merit Badge College locations.
All questions can be directed to Steve Perrone, Cradle of Liberty Council Merit Badge Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT! READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING & ATTENDING:
- Be flexible with your selections; there is a limit of 20 scouts to a class so you may not get your first choice of badge, especially if you are not registering in the first few days.
- You cannot register for more that four Merit Badges.
- Use the schedule to see what badges are being offered in what periods. If a badge no longer shows during the registration process, then it has reached capacity and is full.
-Merit Badges scheduled in the first period are being offered only once so only 20 scouts will be able to take that badge, so please have an alternate or two in mind when registering.
- Merit Badges offered in the second period are also again being offered in the fiftth period to allow some flexibility in your schedule.
- There are 14 different Badges offered in each period so you should be able to find one that will work for you.
- Scouts should wear their Field (Class A) Uniform during this event.
- All participants should pack a lunch as it is not provided. A lunch period MUST be taken in either the 3rd or 4th Period. Scouts who register for Merit Badge Classes during all five periods will be asked to correct their schedule or a class will be selected by event staff to be replaced by a lunch period.
- Registration is from 8-8:30 am on both Saturdays, please arrive on time to confirm your schedule and room assignments.
- All scouts must present a properly filled out blue card at the first session of each badge, including their Scoutmasters signature on the front.
- All scouts must have the Merit Badge Pamphlet for any badge they are taking and print and bring the Merit Badge workbook to the first session. All scouts should read the Merit badge Pamphlet prior to the first meeting. Should you need to purchase a Merit Badge Pamphlet, see www.colbsa.org/scout-shops/scout-shops.html
- All scouts must complete any prerequisites using the Workbook and recording the answers or discussions in that Workbook. Workbooks are available at www.meritbadge.org.
- All participants must attend both Saturday sessions, on February 22nd and March 15th. Participants will have the same schedule on both sessions (Session I and Session II for each badge).