Description: This one-day training event is the indoor part of the mandatory training for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters. You will learn about the role of the Scoutmaster, how to make the outdoor program and advancement program work, and how to plan the troop program and administer your troop.
Location: Community Room at the Gladwyne Fire House
Times: Sign-in and coffee starting at 8:30. The program will start at 9am SHARP and should be over by 3:30pm.
What to bring:
- Please wear your Class A Field Uniform
- Participants should bring a bag lunch, as NO lunch will be provided.
- Bring a copy of The Scoutmaster Handbook. This is available at the Firestone Scout Shop and maybe elsewhere for $12. Since it comes as loose sheets, you will probably also want to put it in a ring binder or report cover.
- Bring a copy of the Boy Scout Handbook. If you do not have one you could perhaps borrow one from a boy in your troop (maybe even your own son??) for the occasion.
- A notebook and pen whould also be helpful.
Cost: There is no charge, but participants must register in advance. Coffee will be available for a small voluntary donation.
For more information: Contact Paul Heiney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-520-0794
** NOTE ABOUT THE REGISTRATION FORM *
After clicking on "Register" at the bottom of this page, you will be taken to the Participants page.
On the Participants page, click on "Add New Participant", enter your name, phone #, email, address, then click on "Scoutmaster Training Additional Information" link and enter the required information and then "Continue" to the Confirmation Details page.
On the Confirmation Details page, you DO NOT have to re-enter you name, phone #, email address. If you click on the FIRST OR LAST NAME block, you can select your name from the radio button popup and it will automatically re-populate the information that you previously entered. "Save" to complete the registration.